The purpose of the Barwon Heads Community Arts Garden is:
- To actively build community
- To include all walks of life
- To encourage the sharing of skills and resources
- To utilise and demonstrate Permaculture principles
- To grow food locally
- To provide experience and education for sustainable living
Some Notes about the masterplan
The communal gardens are cared for by our members, either at working bees or at other times as required. The produce from these plots is available for all garden members to share.
The citrus circle has been lovingly cared for by a number of our plotholders over the past few years (thank you Chris, Graeme and Colin) and we are now reaping the rewards of this great work. Again, this produce is available to all garden members
We have working compost bays on the western fence which are used to rotate some of the green waste we produce and recycle back into the garden beds.
Worm Bath Tubs
The worm baths are a great place to drop off some of your vegetable cuttings. The worm wee is readily available to put onto plots!